Sunday, July 12, 2009

"Kitty Boitnott, Ph.D., NBCT" Web Site in Transition

If you are a regular follower of the blog that I have been maintaining as President of the Virginia Education Association, you will notice a transition taking place in the next few days. I have asked that the original site that I have been using be taken down for a while so that I may use my iWeb program for campaign purposes (it is time to run for re-election if you can believe it) and I will be switching out for this Blogspot web site as the link from the VEA web site for the purpose of chronicling my duties and activities as VEA President. I'll apologize right now for any inconvenience or confusion that may be caused during the transition. The iWeb site is the one that I have advertised as my campaign site, and it seemed to me that I should ask that it not be provded as a link from the VEA web site while I'm in campaign mode.

In the meantime, I haven't had time to post anything on the iWeb site regarding our 2009 NEA Convention in San Diego, but I have posted pictures on my Facebook page.

This week, I am headed for Portland, Oregon for a meeting of state presidents, so I am not sure when I might get a chance to post reflections on the NEA Convention. I sincerely apologize for the delay. It will seem like "old news," I know, before I get a chance to write anything about what we did in San Diego, but between catching up on work after being out of the office for 9 days and getting ready to leave town again for another week, finding the time and energy to write anything coherent has, so far, escaped me.

I have been busy on our behalf, however, as I have posted a response to a criticism of the NEA NBI E that the Family Foundation decided to post last week, and I wrote an article for the Washington Post in response to their unabashed (and unwarranted) enthusiasm for charter schools. It was published in the Sunday, July 12 edition.

I was also interviewed this past week by a reporter who wanted to know more about the damage that vouchers could do to our public schools system. In short, I have been pretty busy since arriving back from California, and while I haven't had time to post to my blog, I have been hard at work on behalf of our members.

If you are interested in today's article from the Washington Post, just follow this link:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/11/AR2009071102327.html

Until next time.

Kitty